This home is sure to please as one of the finest in this popular neighborhood! Features: quiet location w/ privacy fenced yard, screened porch & vast patio (firepit!); fashionable interior w/ inviting kitchen & new SS appliancess; smart floor plan w/ cozy sunken family room. Gracious two-story foyer; large master suite convenient to young kids, yet a private & peaceful escape w/ office (built-ins!). Laundry chute, sprinkler, garden tub, finished basement w/ bath, extra storage in 3CG, lots of light & full brick. Move in before Christmas & enjoy!
In my profession, I get to see great joy. But lately, my calling has been to counsel; and sometimes I feel ill-equipped to provide comfort in the stories I hear. Today, I met with four different sellers. Two literally wept at their kitchen tables due to financial strains beyond their control. Strong, intelligent, well-meaning, sincere people – trapped in extenuating circumstances that seem impossible to turn around. What can I say to comfort? My heart just breaks. Good people, losing their homes. How can I help them? At this point, I probably can’t save their homes, but I can help them get a new start and make the transition less abrupt than the sheriff’s unscheduled knock. I have no answers for the greater problems, but I can listen, but somehow this doesn’t feel like enough. Maybe I can provide the slightest bit of hope. BTW, the third seller was a delight, but we have A LOT of work to do on that (very cool) home. The 4th seller screamed at me because he didn’t like the offer I received on his home today. THIS is my glamorous job.
Occasionally, Jennifer runs across a really unique house that she puts on the market with a bit of nervous anticipation. Some are so unique, they’re hard to price and predict how the market will react. 1304 Reeves Rd was a converted barn in the heart of Plainfield with a huge garage & workshop and a unique nautical feel. It was framed by mature trees and impressive landscaping, but the bedrooms were small, the kitchen counter tops were all butcher-block, and it had a “70s ambiance” with a sunny but somehow enduring edge. In 48 hours, she figured out there’s a hot market for that, with two showings books almost immediately. And she hit the nail on the head with the price, because both showings generated nearly identical offers. One was accepted with a back-up in place, and the sale closed about 45 days later.
A great opportunity awaits in Hoosier Woods! Located on a quiet street, across from the natural area & walking paths, this home offers a nice location, open floor plan, fashionable paint colors & a fenced back yard! Large master bedroom features new laminate flooring and a good-sized walk-in closet. 9′ ceilings throughout provide a spacious, stately feel. Seller says “bring all offers.” Priced to reflect the need for new carpet in the living areas. Do you know anyone looking for a steal in Fishers??
I hear it all the time: “We’re going to wait til after the first of the year to sell our home.” Why? Have you really thought that through? Here are some interesting FACTS why NOW is a better time to sell than in January.
1) There is LESS COMPETITION for buyers now.
2) Winter buyers are MORE SERIOUS buyers.
3) Your home SHOWS BETTER during the holidays. Who doesn’t love the cozy ambiance of a decorated tree and stockings on the mantle?
4) One of the highest percentages of “listings SOLD” vs “listings taken” occur during this time of year.
5) You may receive MORE MONEY for your home now due to less competition and motivated buyers.
6) Don’t think it’ll be too inconvenient. Buyers understand your need to restrict showings during the holidays. For heaven’s sake, nobody expects you to forego Christmas morning festivities so they can see your house!
7) Buyers have more time to look for homes during the holidays due to school breaks and vacation time.
8 ) January is the LARGEST TRANSFER MONTH and you need to be on the market when they are looking in order to capture that buyer (hint, they shop during November and December).
9) With an accepted purchase agreement & closing now, you can DELAY POSSESSION TRANSFER until after the holidays if you need to.
10) When you sell during the winter, you have an opportunity to buy in the spring, when LOTS OF INVENTORY becomes available.
11) You may have fewer showings (which is a lot less hassle), but your prospects are more qualified and motivated.
12) CORPORATE TRANSFEREES can’t wait to buy a home in the spring, so they pick from what’s on the market now.
13) Interest rates are at an ALL-TIME LOW.
14) Consumer confidence is ON THE RISE.
15) Sales prices are stabilizing, which means you’ve probably hit the bottom of your projected SALES PRICE, but also means you GET TO BUY AT THE BOTTOM.
Hmmmm, intriguing thoughts. Thinking about it? Let’s talk. 317.847.2695